11/22/2021 Los Angeles
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health) today released the latest data on COVID-19. The number of cases and deaths are likely to reflect reporting delays over the weekend.
- 1,054 new COVID-19 cases (1,519,781 cases to date)
- 11 new deaths due to COVID-19 (27,010 deaths to date)
- 573 people currently hospitalized with COVID-19
- More than 9,340,000 individuals tested; 15% of people tested positive
|Daily New Cases, Positivity Rate, Hospitalization of Confirmed Cases and Deaths Last 7 Days|
|Daily new cases||1,054*||1,876||1,612****||1,088||1,284||893**||824*|
|Daily hospitalizations of confirmed cases||573||584||611||616||640||632||600|
|Daily positivity rate (7-day avg)||0.8%||0.8%||0.9%||0.9%||0.9%||1.0%||1.0%|
* Number reflects an undercount due to a lag from weekend reporting.
** The number of deaths reported today is an undercount due to a technical problem with reporting.
*** There are 18 newly reported backlogged deaths in the 11/10 count that were due to the resolved error. These deaths should have been reported on 11/9.